After procrastinating for a few months, I have finally taken the leap and registered to Holly Lisle's "How to think Sideways" writing course at http://howtothinksideways.com/. I have been toying with the idea that I can write for a few years now, but other than scribbling some story ideas and a character sketch or two I didn't do anything about it.
Holly's deadline for closing registration for the course forced my hand, which is probably a good thing. I need the encouragement or at least prompting to get my best work out.
I started this blog as an assignment for the course and to document my endeavor. I will try to post at least every few days to keep this current. I am on the 12 month course, so I will be getting new lessons every two weeks, allowing me a more leisurely pace for both course work and posting here. With my workload and family, I think this is a good way to avoid failure from the start as the 6 month course would have been much to demanding for me to succeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment